About Me

My photo
As the resident poet at EcoHealth, my verse finds inspiration these days in the specter of future pandemics. For my dissertation at LMU's Amerika-Institut, I'm anatomizing the poetics (especially the prosody) of E. A. Robinson's sonnets. I also teach at M√ľnchner Volkshochschule and lead the Amerikahaus Literary Circle.

20120615

Aktion zum Erhalt des Amerika Hauses

Dear Public Affairs, United States Consulate General, Munich:


Knowing the iconic presence the Amerika Haus has had here since its inception (and being aware that its continuance is imminently threatened), I am disappointed to have learned today from your office that ("as a diplomatic institution") you are unable to even acknowledge, let alone promote, today's demonstration of support for its programs. After all, this vital intercultural institution--which has done (and continues to do) so much for American interests--was founded (and abandoned) by the U.S. government.


Sincerely,
Mark Olival-Bartley
15 June 2012


For more information, click here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment