About Me

My photo
As the resident poet at EcoHealth, my verse finds inspiration these days in the spectre of global pandemics. At LMU Munich's Amerika-Institut, where I tutor composition and poetics, I'm anatomizing the sonnets of E. A. Robinson for my dissertation. I also teach at Münchner Volkshochschule and Amerikahaus.

20130401

NaPoWriMo #1

                                             Toilets

                                 by Mark Olival-Bartley
      
                            The jalapeño marinara sauce?
                              Hilarious.  That scatty fit
                           sure showed me who was boss,
                                       for to emit
                                        such moss-
                                         less spree,
                                 whose fodder tore
                            a summoner's gale of glee
                    to something wicked and hard-core,
               had flushed the dun Chaucerian from me.

       That said, the brownies laced with--what a cross,
                     a pound of laxative chocolate
                         and tons of E--rushed loss
                                     as is befit
                                     for dross,
                                    whose lee,
                              a sulphured shore,
                              abuts a murky sea
            where Dantesque waves (and so much more)
               revealed what crap had lain inside of me.

                 Note:  A recitation can be heard here.





No comments:

Post a Comment