About Me

My photo
Born and raised on O'ahu, I now live in Maxvorstadt. As the resident poet at EcoHealth, my verse finds inspiration these days in the specter of future pandemics. For my dissertation at Amerika-Institut (LMU), I'm anatomizing the prosody of E. A. Robinson's sonnets. I also tutor writing, teach English, and lead a book club.

20170813

What Will Your Verse Be?

Words matter; they genuinely affect the course of the world and the welfare of its inhabitants, which is why they must be carefully wroughtthis week alone, we witnessed how the words of President Trump horrifyingly raised the specter of nuclear holocaust and ghastily tendered political cover for domestic terrorists. Indeed, Mr. Keating, we do not read and write poetry because it is cute: We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. Fellow wordsmiths, what will your verse be?



No comments:

Post a Comment